Monday, July 18, 2011

Sharp, stabbing pain beside my hipbone?

For the past two days, I've had a really awful, sharp, stabbing pain on my right side, to the left of my hipbone. I'm assuming it's in the ovarian area, but I'm not specifically sure. It's been consistently constant, hurting most severely when I'm standing upright or moving around, and I'm really unsure what to think about it. I really don't have great health - I just turned 15, but I've already had my large intestine and appendix removed from Ulcerative Colitis (during this past year), I had a colostomy and now it's been reversed and I have J-pouch, and I've had constant migraines and tendinitis in my ankles since I was 8. Over the last 6 months, I got diagnosed with Celiac Disease, and since the only treatment is cutting gluten out of my diet, I've lost 67 pounds (I was really overweight of course, now I'm only like 10-20 pounds overweight for my height - 5'7", plus the Spanish and Irish in my blood didn't have any effect on my bone structure... tall n' Polish :P), plus I have had little issues like ear "tubes" for being born with hearing issues, tonsils and adenoids have been taken out as well. So in general, it might be nothing, but I'm so health-paranoid after all my other issues, it might be something. It was suggested to me to go to an ObGyn because it's close to the ovary-area, but I've never been to one before. Should I consider that? I've already considered appendicitis- but I don't have an appendix, it's not an intestinal pain at all otherwise I'd be in a car headed to the state capital to meet with my medical team (gastric- of course), and though my mother had gallstones, it is way to low to be an issue with the gallbladder, and it's too far to the front of my body to be kidney stones. I read that this could be a side-effect of a tubular pregnancy, but I'm not sexually active so that rules that out. I also haven't been overly strenuous on my body, all my friends are on vacation so the past three days I went for a few light walks around my block, but I've mostly been barricaded in my room with a stack of books from the school's reading list, so I really doubt it's a muscular strain. I really haven't found anything else on possibilities. As far as I know I'm too young to have anything wrong with one of my ovaries, but then again nine months ago I thought I was too young to have a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease like Ulcerative Colitis too. So in general, should this be something to worry about? Any ideas on what the issue could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment